Many travel destinations expose people to unfamiliar environments.
These risks are easily managed provided you have up to date pre-departure health information, correct immunisations, and a travellers medical kit.
Watch the video for a lighthearted look at health risks to travellers
Travel medicine specialists
- are more familiar with the exact risks in the various countries, regions and itineraries, and how to best manage those risks.
- receive regular bulletins about health risks around the world, and spend time studying this special area.
- have the ISTM certificate of knowledge or similar qualification.
- Can generally provide useful things such as International Vaccination record books, medical kits
- Can generally give vaccines and medication a bit cheaper due to better contacts with suppliers
Choosing a travel doctor